This is great served hot for breakfast!
Yields: 1 - 8x4x2 inch loaf
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Back Bay Coconut Flavouring
- 1 teaspoon Back Bay Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the butter or margarine, 1 cup sugar and eggs together. Add the vanilla extract and coconut flavoring and mix well.
- Mix in the self-rising flour alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Stir in the flaked coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Pour glaze over hot loaf and serve.
To Make Glaze:
Mix 1 cup confectioner's sugar and milk together until smooth.